Re: [RedHotJazz] Clarence Williams "Lazy Mama" 2nd take?

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
      Hi Warren,

      It is a genuine alternate take: both as well as the two takes of "In Our
      Cottage of Love", are on Frog DGF 37. In the past, they were on a French
      RCA LP, if my memory serves me correctly.

      Michael Rader, Karlsruhe Germany

      > Is Rust correct, or does the Parker cd have a legitimate alternate
      > take, and if so, is it available in reissue elsewhere without the fake
      > stereo?
      >
      > Warren

    • Bob Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
        Dear Warren,

        Yes, there were two issued takes of "Lazy Mama" (1929-05-22), both issued originally on Victor; presumably alternately on V-38063-A

        Kind Regards,

        Bob Smith

      • ALAN BOND
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
          Hi Folks,
                           There seems to have been some doubt about another take of Lazy Mama on Victor. It seems not to have been mentioned in the Victor files. There were certainly two takes on the earlier Vocalion issue of Lazy Mana but there is no indication of which version was used on the records that were issued.
          TTFN - 007

          Yes, there were two issued takes of "Lazy Mama" (1929-05-22), both issued originally on Victor; presumably alternately on V-38063-A

          Kind Regards,

          Bob Smith

        • ikey100
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012