Clarence Williams "Lazy Mama" 2nd take?

  • ikey100
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2012
      While culling some old cd's for sale, I noticed that the notes to a Robert Parker "stereo" Clarence Willams cd give matrix info for the 1929 cut "Lazy Mama" as (53655-2), but my Rust 5th edition lists only one take being recorded, (53655-1).

      Is Rust correct, or does the Parker cd have a legitimate alternate take, and if so, is it available in reissue elsewhere without the fake stereo?

      Warren
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
        Hi Warren,

        It is a genuine alternate take: both as well as the two takes of "In Our
        Cottage of Love", are on Frog DGF 37. In the past, they were on a French
        RCA LP, if my memory serves me correctly.

        Michael Rader, Karlsruhe Germany

        > Is Rust correct, or does the Parker cd have a legitimate alternate
        > take, and if so, is it available in reissue elsewhere without the fake
        > stereo?
        >
        > Warren

      • Bob Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
          Dear Warren,

          Yes, there were two issued takes of "Lazy Mama" (1929-05-22), both issued originally on Victor; presumably alternately on V-38063-A

          Kind Regards,

          Bob Smith

        • ALAN BOND
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
            Hi Folks,
                             There seems to have been some doubt about another take of Lazy Mama on Victor. It seems not to have been mentioned in the Victor files. There were certainly two takes on the earlier Vocalion issue of Lazy Mana but there is no indication of which version was used on the records that were issued.
            TTFN - 007

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
              Thank you, Micheal, Bob and Alan.

              Regards,