Thanks

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 10, 2012
      Hi all - thanks for accepting my application for membership. Sadly, I'm not going to be contributing much here as the content is way, way out of my league.

      I'm digitising my collection of home-made cassette compilations and looking for more information re.dates & personnel inevitably led me to the website - where I found much cleaner copies of some of those tracks, so thanks also to the guy who originally set that up. Of course that lead me to all kinds of music/people I didn't know - and reading through some recent posts I've already found more. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of money I can't justify on stuff I've spent many years happily oblivious of. (not sure about the grammar in that last sentence)

      Ian
    • Andrew Taylor
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 11, 2012
        Hi Ian,
        If you have a good Internet connection, Youtube has a lot of material
        and pandora.com is pretty good for exploring similar kinds of music. As
        you say, buying music can be pretty expensive.
        Pandora actually has a cell phone "app" if you have one.
        Best regards,
        Andrew Taylor

        --
        Andrew Taylor, MLS
        Co-Curator, Visual Resources

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 11, 2012
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 11, 2012
            Hi, Ian,

            Not sure if it is your thing.. pop over to Live365 and there are plenty of
            Jazz on it... try Weimar Rundfunk station...

            As Ian had said... Youtube is a good place to find unknown who's who of
            those jazz years...

            ta

            Alex of Bournemouth, Dorset
            >> If you have a good Internet connection, Youtube has a lot of material
            >> and pandora.com is pretty good for exploring similar kinds of music.
            > (...)
            >
            > Probably...
            >
            > "Dear Pandora Visitor,
            > We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we
            > can
            > no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the
            > U.S."
            >
            > :(
            >
            > P.

          • stevenabrams78jazz
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 13, 2012
              FOR INFO ON DATES AND CATALOG NUMBERS
              WWW.78DISCOGRAPHY.COM

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 14, 2012
                Wow Steven - thanks for that. It's already given me a partial solution to one track I've spent ages googling without success.

                Judging on the past few days, I have a feeling I'm never actually going to make it to 1930!