Re: [RedHotJazz] Rhythm Willie (1940)

  • liviolaurenti
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 5, 2012
      Both great stuff !!!

      Tks , Livio

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Andrew Taylor
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 4:38 PM
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Rhythm Willie (1940)

      Thinking about rare gems on YouTube, here's a Chicago harp player who
      plays blues in a Classic Jazz-influenced "First Postion" style, "Rhythm
      Willie" Hood. Some of you might enjoy it. Little Walter said he was the
      only harmonica player he feared facing in a cutting heads competition.
      A blues and a very straight St. James Infirmary, both from 1940, but
      certainly looking to the Jazz age. Has some trivia on him as well.
      Boarding House Blues <http://youtu.be/4orCmvgijn8>
      Breathatakin' Blues (St. James Infirmary) <http://youtu.be/vYk4SRP_8FY>
      - Andrew Taylor

    • Andrew Taylor
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 5, 2012
        Thanks Livio, sorry if I was a hothead - Andrew
        On 9/5/2012 11:10 AM, liviolaurenti wrote:

        > Both great stuff !!!
        >
        > Tks , Livio

        Andrew Taylor, MLS
        Co-Curator, Visual Resources