RE: [RedHotJazz] New Orleans Wanderers

  • Ron Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2012
      The term "Jim" was a jive name used by hip crowd. Later they used "Jack" in the same way.

      To: redhotjazz@yahoogroups.com
      From: robert.smith@...
      Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:49:58 +0200
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] New Orleans Wanderers

      I've just been listening to the New Orleans Wanderers, and this prompts me to pop a question about 'Too Tight'.

      Johnny St. Cyr says: "Weave it, Johnny Boy, Weave it Dodds". Then at the end a voice says (Dodds?) what sounds like an answer to this, viz: "Too tight, Jim".

      However, as far as I can see, there is no-one on the session with the name Jim or James, or even with the nickname 'Jim'.

      Does anyone have any idea who 'Jim' can be?

      Cheers

      Bob Smith

    • Ron L'Herault
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2012
        And I thought he said, "Squeeze it."

        Ron L

        To: redhotjazz@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2012
          On 11/08/2012 9:29 AM, Ron L'Herault wrote:

          > And I thought he said, "Squeeze it."
          >
          > Ron L_,___

          I'm with you Ron. For 60 odd years I've always thought he said "Squeeze
          it Johnny boy, squeeze it Dodds".
          Once again I stand to be corrected.

          Peter L.