New Orleans Wanderers

  • Bob Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2012
      I've just been listening to the New Orleans Wanderers, and this prompts me to pop a question about 'Too Tight'.
      Johnny St. Cyr says: "Weave it, Johnny Boy, Weave it Dodds". Then at the end a voice says (Dodds?) what sounds like an answer to this, viz: "Too tight, Jim".
      However, as far as I can see, there is no-one on the session with the name Jim or James, or even with the nickname 'Jim'.
      Does anyone have any idea who 'Jim' can be?

      Cheers

      Bob Smith

    • Ron Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2012
        The term "Jim" was a jive name used by hip crowd. Later they used "Jack" in the same way.

        To: redhotjazz@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2012
          And I thought he said, "Squeeze it."

          Ron L

          To: redhotjazz@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 11, 2012
            On 11/08/2012 9:29 AM, Ron L'Herault wrote:

            > And I thought he said, "Squeeze it."
            >
            > Ron L_,___

            I'm with you Ron. For 60 odd years I've always thought he said "Squeeze
            it Johnny boy, squeeze it Dodds".
            Once again I stand to be corrected.

            Peter L.