Meet McKinney's Cottonpickers

  • warrington1@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2012
      A couple of months back I asked for and received lots of useful advice as to how to follow up my relatively new interest in vintage jazz. Following on from this, I have, in the last few days, discovered completely by accident a 3-hour radio programme by Guy Rathbun courtesy of Audible.co.uk called "Meet McKinney's Cottonpickers". It's absolutely perfect for me - commentary (with audio illustrations) of notable elements of the bands performances followed by complete and uninterrupted examples from their catalogue. Wonderful! All this for £3.95. What I'd like to know is this - are members of the group aware of any other such programmes about "Red Hot Jazz"? If there are any, it seems to me to be a great way to expand my knowledge and enjoyment of this superb music. Thanks in advance for your help and comments.
      Phil Warrington