Re: Help locating stray sessions in reissue

  • ikey100
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2012
      Yes, Jim, I definitely should include Clarence Profit's tracks on my own wish list. I have only a couple tracks on piano anthologies and some of the less representative washboard band acompaniments; given his trio's reputation it's regrettable that all their tracks (a dozen or so?) aren't easily obtainable. I didn't even know they'd been reissued on cd.

      Warren

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, JamesJazz <jamesjazz@...> wrote:

      > I have the Jazum Weatherford LP but not the ability to digitize it (yet). But I'll be happy to share those tracks hopefully this month when I get some new equipment.
      > Likewise, the Mosley LP.
      >
      > What I have been searching for are the Clarence Profit tracks that were/are on a CD but can't find it. I have his LP but the CD contains extra stuff, and we collectors LOVE extra stuff, don't we???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      >
      > Jim Gallert
      > www.detroitmusichistory.com
      > www.jazzstage.us

    • stevenabrams78jazz
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2012
        I have been collecting swmall combo sides of the 30's for many
        years and I have the 78s of the 8 Matthews sides and 4 of the Dick Porter sides. Would love to get the other Porter sides.
        Another one I was lucky to find is the Al Duffy quarter
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "ikey100" <wlmoorman3@...> wrote:

        > I'm hoping to hear some of these sessions, I'd have thought them mostly not terribly obscure, but none of them are on the RHJA. I'm happy to purchase them where available. Can anyone advise about whether these sessions are available in a CD format reissue? Of those that are not, does anyone perhaps have files to share of any of the material?
        >
        > 2. Emmet Mathews: 1936, Vocalion (8 tracks, only his 1931 coupling with Laura Rucker appears available on Document)
        STEVEN ABRAMS
        SAN FRANCISCO
      • ikey100
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7, 2012
          Thanks, Dave. (And Jim, Steven, and Hans).