Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Reissues - Schaap's Hot 5s&7s set

  • Charles Zigmund
    Message 1 of 66 , Feb 16, 2012
      The asterisk in my previous note was unreferenced. What I meant to include,
      but forgot, was: re my not taking sound quality that seriously, I'm also a
      big fan of ancient Greek sculpture. The fragmentary quality of most of it
      doesn't bother me too much, since the breath of spirit seems to come thru
      strongly in the incomplete works as well as in the complete ones.

      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 23, 2012
        Thanks Michael

        I see no reason not to accept Elgar's reported memory.

        What it proves, yet again, is that more players recorded than those whose
        names are known to us and that it is dangerous to seek to attribute
        everything to those whose names we do know.