Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Reissues

    Message 1 of 66 , Feb 15, 2012
      The Davies dubbings are on Retrieval RTR79007, which is Dutch and I believe
      still available. I¹m not quite sure of the relationship between Timeless and
      Retrieval. I believe Chris Ellis is involved with both. His former partners
      in Retrieval when it was a British label are all sadly gone before. Others
      may know more than me but Retrieval and Timeless certainly do not duplicate
      one another¹s material.

      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 23, 2012
        Thanks Michael

        I see no reason not to accept Elgar's reported memory.

        What it proves, yet again, is that more players recorded than those whose
        names are known to us and that it is dangerous to seek to attribute
        everything to those whose names we do know.