Re: [RedHotJazz] Reissues

  • John McCusker
    Message 1 of 66 , Feb 14, 2012
      I was a friend of Robert Parker.  He was passionate about shellac and did my favorite transfers of Oliver, Morton and Armstrong. I begged him to take a whack at Ory's Creole Trombone but to my knowledge he never got around to it.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 23, 2012
        Thanks Michael

        I see no reason not to accept Elgar's reported memory.

        What it proves, yet again, is that more players recorded than those whose
        names are known to us and that it is dangerous to seek to attribute
        everything to those whose names we do know.