Re: [RedHotJazz] Reissues

  • PETER GERLER
    Message 1 of 66 , Feb 14, 2012
      Mordecai--That would be Archeophone OTR-MM6-C2: "King Oliver Off the Record: The Complete 1923 Jazz Band Recordings." Issued 2006. Excellent transfers and liner notes byDoug Benson & David Sager.

      Cheers!

      Peter Gerler
      Newton, MA

      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 23, 2012
        Thanks Michael

        I see no reason not to accept Elgar's reported memory.

        What it proves, yet again, is that more players recorded than those whose
        names are known to us and that it is dangerous to seek to attribute
        everything to those whose names we do know.