Reissues

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Message 1 of 66 , Feb 14, 2012
      A long time ago I read on a record jacket that it would be a good idea to re-buy your old reissues every ten years or so because of improvements in recording/transfer technology. I think that there is something to this thought. What is considered today the best reissues of the 1923 sides of the Creole Jazz Band with Oliver and Armstrong?

      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 23, 2012
        Thanks Michael

        I see no reason not to accept Elgar's reported memory.

        What it proves, yet again, is that more players recorded than those whose
        names are known to us and that it is dangerous to seek to attribute
        everything to those whose names we do know.