Re: [RedHotJazz] Ory's Creole Trombone

  • John McCusker
    Message 1 of 66 , Feb 14, 2012
      It's 1922, not 1921. Bank on it. Found a newspaper article from the spring of 1922 announcing the recording dates. The Smithsonian release is pretty good though I find a lot of noise in the middle range that is not there on some other transfers.
      John McCusker

      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 23, 2012
        Thanks Michael

        I see no reason not to accept Elgar's reported memory.

        What it proves, yet again, is that more players recorded than those whose
        names are known to us and that it is dangerous to seek to attribute
        everything to those whose names we do know.