Re: [RedHotJazz] Ory's Creole Trombone

  • Bob Mates
    Message 1 of 66 , Feb 14 4:45 AM
      Thanks, Patrice! THERE are some sources which date the recording from 1921, though most date it from 1922. I used to have it on Vol. 11 of the Folkways "Anthology of Jazz" series, and I'm pretty sure that it was dated 1921 on that LP. That's where I got the date from. I'm going to buy it from Amazon, because the versions I've found were either RealAudio, or video, neither one of which is accessible on my notetaker for the blind. Thanks for your great help. Peace, Bob

      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 23 9:38 AM
        Thanks Michael

        I see no reason not to accept Elgar's reported memory.

        What it proves, yet again, is that more players recorded than those whose
        names are known to us and that it is dangerous to seek to attribute
        everything to those whose names we do know.