Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Hi

  • Charles Zigmund
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2012
      Well, it was really the tail end of that era. I was an art college student
      and very poor. I played guitar with a number of informal get-together jam
      bands until one trumpet player borrowed a guitar-banjo for me and I played
      in clubs downtown with two bands. Unfortunately I don't remember any names!
      They were not well-known names such as you mention or I would have
      recognized them at the time, as I was listening to Turk Murphy, Lu Watters
      and others at home on the east coast as a teenager before I slightly later
      went out there to college.