Who saw James P. Johnson live?

  • Agustin Perez Gasco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2012
      Here is a copy of an e-mail from Scott E. Brown, the biographer of James P. Johnson.  He seeks information from fans or musicians who saw JPJ in live performance and would like to include personal anecdotes of those performances in his 2nd edition:

      I am the biographer of James P. Johnson (A Case Of Mistaken  Identity- The life and Music of James P. Johnson, Scarecrow press  and Rutgers Inst. Of Jazz Studies, 1987). I am wondering if you ever  saw James P. in your travels. I am working on a second edition of my biography and making one more effort to find people who saw him play, especially musicians. Thanks so much.

      Scott E Brown
      cell 443-528-1444
      jpjstride@...

      Perhaps some of the older list members may be able to help.

      Best regards,
      Agustín Pérez
      Madrid