Jabbo Smith

  • Wouter Maréchal
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2011
      Hi all

      According to my - too old - Brian Rust Jabbo Smith did not record his tune: Wake Up Sinners.
      Did he as an accomponist in an other band?
      If not who did record this song in those days?
      Redhotjazz search engine seems not to work on my system.

      Any one?

      Thanks
      Wouter M.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2011
        Lloyd Smith¹s Gut Bucketeers, Vocalion, Chicago, 30 July 1930, assuming it
        is the same tune because the composer crefit to ³Smith² might refer to the
        bandleader.

        It¹s reissued on Frog DGF7, That¹s My Stuff.

        on 10/11/2011 13:50, Wouter Maréchal at wouter.marechal@... wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > According to my - too old - Brian Rust Jabbo Smith did not record his tune:
        > Wake Up Sinners.
        > Did he as an accomponist in an other band?
        > If not who did record this song in those days?
        > Redhotjazz search engine seems not to work on my system.
        >
        > Any one?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Wouter M.

      • Wouter Maréchal