Re: Buddy Bolden's righteous Uptown Bumps

  • tommersl
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2011
      I was wondering whether the story about Bolden playing the tune is a fiction, since 1914 or 1917 came years after he was retired from playing music.

      What other possibilities does it leave?

      1. The old New Orleans players didn't recall the tune right and were influenced by a different tune that is the 1914/1917 tune.
      2. The original tune was played in New Orleans before the turn of the century and any 1914/1917 composition is a later copy of tune.
      3. Other options?

      Tommer