New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp for Adults

  • nhemeter
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2011
      THE JOINT IS JUMPIN'
      at the New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp for Adults

      PRESS RELEASE
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      For more information:
      Nita Hemeter 504-865-9792

      Spend a week in Historic New Orleans learning to play Traditional Jazz under the instruction of some of the finest musicians in the city, enjoy some of the best food in the world and marvel at the beautiful architecture of the French Quarter. Come to the Birthplace of Jazz and fall under the magical spell of our music and our people. As they say, "There is no place like New Orleans!"

      The New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp for Adults will be held June 10-15, 2012. Tuition, which includes instruction, lodging, breakfast and lunch, will be discounted $150.00 if paid in full by the early bird registration deadline of September 30, 2011. It is important to register and pay early to reserve your spot because classes will fill up. Click here to register.

      To date, we are about 2/3 full with campers registered from all over the United States as well as Sweden, Germany and Finland. Campers spend the day in ensemble and group sessions with their instructors and evenings are spent jamming at the hotel or at various music venues nearby. Fritzel's is right across the street from the hotel and Preservation Hall and other music venues are within a short walking distance.

      Music history speakers discuss New Orleans music heritage and culture during meals. One evening of the camp is dedicated to a traditional New Orleans "Second Line Parade". Campers parade through the streets of the French Quarter playing jazz to the delight of our many visitors. Another night campers perform at the world-renowned Preservation Hall, a moving experience for everyone to be in the revered "Hall" where many of our musical fathers and mothers performed.

      Camp concludes Friday night with a "Camper Concert" at the Grand Ballroom of the Historic Bourbon Orleans Hotel. The public is invited and the ballroom really swings. Saturday is "Lagniappe Day", a little something extra, a Traditional Jazz Festival. Campers who can stay over are invited to perform at this festival.

      Please visit our website at www.neworleanstradjazzcamp.com for more information.

      We look forward to our 3rd camp and reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones.

      Red Beans and Ricely Yours,
      (as Louis Armstrong said)

      Banu Gibson
      Leslie Cooper
      Nita Hemeter
    • nhemeter
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2012
        Hello All,

        The New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp for Adults has a few openings for the 2012 session to be held June 10-15 in the heart of the French Quarter. We have 2 openings from Trombones, 1 saxophone, 1 bass/tuba, and 2 vocals. Please visit our website at www.neworleanstradjazzcamp.com for more information or contact me.

        Many thanks for your support and keep swinging!

        Nita Hemeter