Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Noone and Procope

  • Bob Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 14, 2011
      Dear David,

      I've also got Ben Waters as sometimes possible, sometimes probable, and almost certain on Clarence Williams with King Oliver recordings in 1928, thus:
      CW' Jazz Kings: Red River Blues and I Need You (possible) clt & alt 1928-05-29
      CW & His Orchestra: Long , Deep, And Wide; Speakeasy; Squeeze Me; New Down Home Blues (probably) ten & clt c.1928-08
      Katherine Henderson, CW and his Orchestra: Lonesome Lovesick Blues; Have You Felt That Way?; What Can You Do Without Me? (almost certain) ten c. 1928-10
      CW & His Orchestra: Wildflower Rag; Midnight Stomp; I'm Through (almost certain) ten & clt c. 1928-11
      CW & His Orchestra: Bozo; Longshoreman's Blues (almost certain) ten c.1928-11
      Katherine Henderson, CW and his Orchestra: Do It Baby; Mushy Love; If You Like Me (possibly) ten c. 1928-11
      CW & His Orchestra: Beau-Koo Jack; Sister Kate; Pane In The Glass (almost certain) ten & clt c. 1928-12

      Source: K.-B Rau

      Kind Regards

      Bob Smith

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 14, 2011
        Hi Bob

        Many thanks for the long list. Reasonable bustling neo-Hawkins tenor solos
        there are but few clarinet solos and those are very, very unimpressive and
        on this evidence he must rank as the worst clarinet that Clarence used --
        which is saying something.

        Nothing here to equate with the happy memories of fine and mellow clarinet.
        So I must assume he later improved.

        All Best