New Stuff

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2011
      While I'm about it, I should mention the latest new releases from some of the quality labels:
      As I mentioned in my other mail, Jazz Oracle has just released the complete Red Nichols Brunswick and Vocalion sides in 3 sets of 3 CDs each. The set is more complete than the projected Mosaic box, but it does have the notes originally prepared by Dick Sudhalter for Mosaic. Audio restoration is by Ted Kendall.

      Jazz Oracle also has a Jelly Roll Morton set shortly to be released - it has been announced both in VJM and the Frog Annual, but I have been told that it has been held back. this is the early recordings for Paramount etc. which precede (mostly) the Red Hot Peppers and accompaniments for Lizzie Miles and Billie Young, which were missed in the JSP st of Victors. Some were on Vols. 1 and 2 of the Masters of Jazz set (partly from originals), but this is long out of print. In this case, audio restoration is by Hans Eekhoff.

      Frog's latest offerings are a set of Clarence Williams Washboard sides, which includes many rarities, reissued for the first time in decades and the second Blues and Jazz Annual with a complementary CD. Volume 2 carries on where volume 1 left off and is very obviously a labour of love with plenty of visuals to illustrate the text. It fully replaces the much missed annual volumes of Storyville and even adds visually. The CD ties in nicely with the contents, although I had difficulty in working out why it has "Dallas Blues" by Marie Cahill - there is an artcle by Chris Hillman on Jazz in Dallas, but Ms. Cahill and her accompanist do not figure in it. The CD has fine transfers by Nick Dellow.

      Schon gehört? WEB.DE hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
      Toolbar eingebaut! http://produkte.web.de/go/toolbar