RE: [RedHotJazz] Re:the sound of Louis

  • Ron L'Herault
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      It is very hard to be objective about this because it involves one's ears, a
      mechanical device, the room it is in and so on. The phonograph is in very
      good condition with a well sealed horn, lubricated tone arm and rebuilt
      reproducer. The room is mainly wood surfaces, has soft covered furniture
      and curtains on its two windows. The ears are in their late 50s (as is the
      rest of my body). When I listen to these records I get a "presence" and a
      feeling of depth that I don't get from a CD. I would say I am some how
      prejudiced towards the old technology that I collect, however, just last
      Saturday night, I played a disk for a friend's wife who was seeing/hearing
      this machine for the first time and she said basically the same thing!

      Ron L