Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Early photos of integrated performance?

  • david richoux
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2011
      I think you may have some problems - especially if you are looking at
      a band from New Orleans - there were so many "Creole" and light
      skinned Black musicians there it could be hard to determine their
      quasi-legal racial status by old photographs alone. Even if you had
      names to go with the faces it could still be tricky.

      Dave Richoux