Red Hot Jazz Archive

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2011
      Sorry, all, I haven't been keeping up with the postings lately, but does anyone know what's wrong with the Red Hot Jazz archive site? I tried to download some of the numbers and play them on Real Player, but nothing happens. Jack
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6, 2011
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
          Thanks, Partrice. So I take it that this has happened before?

          > > Sorry, all, I haven't been keeping up with the postings lately, but does
          > > anyone
          > > know what's wrong with the Red Hot Jazz archive site? I tried to download
          > > some
          > > of the numbers and play them on Real Player, but nothing happens. Jack
          >
          > The site was totally down last Friday, now it seems that the pages can be
          > accessed again, but not the soundfiles.
          > I am not going to make the same nasty comments again, only confirming -
          > before everyone starts blaming their computers, settings, versions of
          > Realplayer, VLC, or other software.
          >
          > Patrice

        • Jack
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 17, 2011
            It's great to see that the site is running again and that we're able to download and play the songs on Real Time! Magical, unseen, hands at work somewhere.
          • Jack
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 24, 2011
              Correction--

              I don't know if the problem is with the files or with Real Player, but I can play the music now; however, I can't save the songs to my library. I'm getting the message: "Record disabled, this is not an internet stream". Are others having the same problem?

              --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <scara9mouche@...> wrote:

              > It's great to see that the site is running again and that we're able to download and play the songs on Real Time! Magical, unseen, hands at work somewhere.

            • Mordechai Litzman
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 24, 2011
                I cannot even play anything; when I access a file I get the following message:

                Server Error
                404 - File or directory not found.
                The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed,
                or is temporarily unavailable.Any advice how to get to the music files?

                ________________________________
                I don't know if the problem is with the files or with Real Player, but I can
                play the music now; however, I can't save the songs to my library. I'm getting
                the message: "Record disabled, this is not an internet stream". Are others
                having the same problem?

                --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <scara9mouche@...> wrote:

                > It's great to see that the site is running again and that we're able to
                >download and play the songs on Real Time! Magical, unseen, hands at work
                >somewhere.

              • Bob Smith
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 24, 2011
                  I got the "404" message when I tried to play Jelly Roll Morton and Clarence Williams recordings, but I had no trouble playing and downloading Louis Armstrong's Hot Seven recordings.

                  Cheers

                  Bob Smith

                • Carl Macaluso
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 24, 2011
                    Hi,
                    404 on Dolly Kay and Marion Harris alos.
                    Seems to be alot of files missing.
                  • Dan Van Landingham
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 24, 2011
                      I accessed the RHJ website last night and couldn't get the audio.I had my
                      speakers turned on.Everything
                      was there but the sound.