Re: [RedHotJazz] Kid Ory - 1956 & 1959 european tours

  • John McCusker
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2011
      I have shared a complete list with the Kid Ory web site.
      http://web.me.com/fellan/Kid/Welcome.html
      John McCusker

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2011
        Dear Louis,

        I was at a Kid Ory concert at the Town Hall, Birmingham, England. Unfortunately, I can't remember whether it was 1956 or 1959. I saw Louis Armstrong in Birmingham in 1956, so I would guess that the Ory concert was in 1959. However, I didn't make any notes at the time, so I have no further information.

        Kind Regards

        Bob Smith

      • louis
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2011
          Dear Bob,

          Thanks for your answer. This must have been Saturday 19th October 1959. Apparently, Kid Ory's 1956 tour had no British leg, for whatever reason.
          Should any memory come back to your mind, I'd be glad to hear about it.

          Best regards,
          Louis
          www.kidory.com