Kid Ory - 1956 & 1959 european tours

  • louis
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2011
      Hello,

      Is there anyone on this list who would have any information about Kid Ory's european tours (1956 and 1959) and be willing to share ?
      I am trying to complete the list of concerts he did on both these tours.

      Warmest thanks in advance.
      All the best,
      Louis

    • John McCusker
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2011
        I have shared a complete list with the Kid Ory web site.
        http://web.me.com/fellan/Kid/Welcome.html
        John McCusker

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2011
          Dear Louis,

          I was at a Kid Ory concert at the Town Hall, Birmingham, England. Unfortunately, I can't remember whether it was 1956 or 1959. I saw Louis Armstrong in Birmingham in 1956, so I would guess that the Ory concert was in 1959. However, I didn't make any notes at the time, so I have no further information.

          Kind Regards

          Bob Smith

        • louis
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2011
            Dear Bob,

            Thanks for your answer. This must have been Saturday 19th October 1959. Apparently, Kid Ory's 1956 tour had no British leg, for whatever reason.
            Should any memory come back to your mind, I'd be glad to hear about it.

            Best regards,
            Louis
            www.kidory.com