Messages not getting through?

  • Andrew Homzy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      I posted a message on March 13 & it didn't show in my mailbox.

      I went to the Yahoo site and the most recent message showing is the following.

      8502 Re: Instrumentation similar to the KOCJB Re: Instrumentation similar to the KOCJB
      ... I have photos in a book called "New Orleans Jazzmen" by Rose and Souchon of "Happy Schillings Orchestra" 1915 with 2 trumpets/cornets in the line-up. ... Peter L Reid
      reid1947
      Feb 28, 2011
      6:21 am

      Maybe my last message didn't warrant comment, but the fact that I never saw it come through is strange.

      Cheers,

      Andrew

      ----------------

      Here is my most recent post - March 13 -

      Does anyone know if a notated transcription of Whiteman's "Wang Wang Blues" exists?

      Also -

      Is there anything in the jazz literature which makes reference to the similarity between "Wang Wang Blues" and "Canal Street Blues"?

      Were KOCJB listening to Whiteman's record?

      From the Wikipedia -

      One of the Whiteman Orchestra's early hit records, as well as one of the unfortunately few recordings where Mueller can be heard prominently, is The Wang Wang Blues which Mueller dominates in a style similar to Larry Shields while somewhat foreshadowing the early work of Sidney Bechet.

      While Mueller shares composer credit on "Wang Wang", some of his New Orleans contemporaries said the number was all his and he had featured it before joining Whiteman.
      As Paul Whiteman started taking himself more seriously and began demanding arrangements with little room for improvisation, Mueller left the band in November 1920, saying "You call yourselves a jazz band, but you can't play the blues worth a damn".

      Cheers,

      Andrew

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2011
        > I posted a message on March 13 & it didn't show in my mailbox.
        > I went to the Yahoo site and the most recent message showing is the
        > following.
        > 8502 Re: Instrumentation similar to the KOCJB Re: Instrumentation similar
        > to the KOCJB
        > ... I have photos in a book called "New Orleans Jazzmen" by Rose and
        > Souchon of "Happy Schillings Orchestra" 1915 with 2 trumpets/cornets in
        > the line-up. ... Peter L Reid
        > reid1947
        > Feb 28, 2011
        > 6:21 am

        > Maybe my last message didn't warrant comment, but the fact that I never
        > saw it come through is strange.

        > Cheers,

        > Andrew

        Hi Andrew

        I looked in the records of the group's activities (Yahoo keeps tracks of
        everything) and I think I've found the explanation.
        You posted a message on March 13th, 8.29 pm from andrew.jazzz@... ,
        which was logically bounced with the reason : "not a member".
        That was just before the 8.32 one, from your regular address, which
        obvioulsy went through - there were five more posts since then, which all
        show on the webpage - and you should have received them as well, I checked
        there was no problem your account.

        Of course, once again, I recommend to send such complaints or questions to
        me, rather than to the whole group who cannot be of any help.

        And in case you wondered, no, I have no possibilty to access retrieve the
        content of automatically rejected posts.

        Best,