Re: [RedHotJazz] "Lost Sounds" discography update?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2011
      Most of the Dan Kildare sides are included with other relevant material in
      ³The Earliest Black String Bands², three volumes on Document DOCD5622/3/4.
      However they will all soon be appearing in much better sound on Bear
      Family¹s forthcoming ŒBlack Europe¹ set (though this will be very expensive
      I fancy).

      Volume 2 of the Document series includes the 1916 Versatile Four recordings
      which are key documents for ragtime/string band banjo playing, but Down Home
      Rag was taken from a 78 so damaged that it is incomplete. It has only 2
      minutes 31 seconds whereas the twelve-inch 78 runs for 3 minutes 41 seconds!
      You can hear the complete version on ŒRagtime to Jazz 1 1912-1919¹ (Timeless
      CBC1-035), which also includes good dubbings of other relevant material.