Re: [RedHotJazz] Prince's Band - That's A Plenty and other "Jazz" standards

  • John McCusker
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2011
      I did a cd reissue called "Wax Impressions: Jazz Standards before there was jazz." or something like that. It featured pre-jazz recordings of High Society, Flee as a Bird, Bill Bailey, The Original Dixieland One-Step(That Teasin Rag), The St. Louis Tickle, Over the Waves, Oh Didn't He Ramble, Pretty Baby and The Saints.
      All I can say is thanmk god jazz came along. The melodies are familar but the performances are pure corn.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2011
        ³High Society² was on two VJM LPs: VLP1 and VLP51, but I don¹t have either!
        They shouldn¹t be difficult to find though. VLP1 was called ŒA Programme of
        Ragtime¹ and has three other Prince¹s sides on it. VLP51 was called ³Ragtime
        Memories² and also has Porcupine Rag and Georgia Grind.