Re: [RedHotJazz] Frances Hereford

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2011
      A legal marriage doesn¹t seem very likely. Walter Thomas recalled her as ³a
      singer Jelly picked up in Chicago². I guess the innuendo on Œpicked up¹ was
      intentional. Harrison Smith recalled that she was out of a church.

      She might well be the Frances Hereford aged 23 who was with her uncle John
      Reynolds at 4433 Dearborn in the 1920 census, or she might not. This lady
      describes herself as divorced, which leaves the status of the name Hereford
      in doubt. I guess you will have found that yourself.