Re: [RedHotJazz] trouble playing RHJ files

  • patrice.champarou@free.fr
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2011
      I usually attempt to reply such questions privately rather than let them be
      posted to the group... still, I think it is useful to make a clear
      difference between two kinds of problems :

      - If a couple of files from the RHJ website are corrupted or absent, while
      the others are working, it is, as we already know, a problem we cannot
      solve (wrong links, faulty realaudio files etc.) related to the website
      itself.

      - distortion and "blanks" are a completely different matter, depending on
      your individual settings, and more likely to be discussed on a relevant
      forum (or privately) since every system is different and you need providing
      technical details.

      My first, general suggestion about distortion would be to check the drivers
      of your soundcard.

      Then, it is very likely that interruption of the sound while playing is
      merely a buffering problem - possibly resulting from a wrong indication of
      your bandwidth during installation.
      You can either uninstall and reinstall the player, or use the alternative
      player http://www.free-codecs.com/download/real_alternative.htm instead of
      the "official" one, which consumes a lot of resources.
      Or, alternatively, try to change some of your parameters (click on the top
      left "Realplayer" label, then go to "preferences"). For example, disabling
      16bit sound from the "hardware" panel may help if your soundcard is too
      old... but this is one among many other possibilities.

      Patrice