Re: [RedHotJazz] Oliver's Dixie Syncopators Photo

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 7, 2011
      It is indeed the same photo and was used for both Volumes of the Ace of Hearts.
      One of the reproductions in the "King" Oliver book is actually of a handbill. The photo is rather darker, giving less detail than the handbill.

      Best

      Michael

      John,
      I think it is the same photo that is on the front of an LP record I have.
      The record is entitled "King Oliver's Dixie Syncopators" and is an "Ace
      of Hearts"
      release on English Decca (Mono AH34).