Re: [RedHotJazz] Oliver's Dixie Syncopators Photo

  • John McCusker
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6, 2011
      Thanks Michael. That's a help. That means a picture agency now has it which is probably a good thing. Thanks.

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6, 2011
        Apologies re below - I was wrong - forgot about that one (there might be 2 actually) - it was used in an advert...

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 7, 2011
          It is indeed the same photo and was used for both Volumes of the Ace of Hearts.
          One of the reproductions in the "King" Oliver book is actually of a handbill. The photo is rather darker, giving less detail than the handbill.

          Best

          Michael

          John,
          I think it is the same photo that is on the front of an LP record I have.
          The record is entitled "King Oliver's Dixie Syncopators" and is an "Ace
          of Hearts"
          release on English Decca (Mono AH34).