RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Early Brass Basses

  • ALAN BOND
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 2 6:06 AM
      Hi David,
                       Back in those early days a lot of  venues were 'dry' with only soft drinks and tea/coffee being served. I went to my first jazz gig on my own at the tender age of fourteen but father had got me hooked long before that in the same way he got me hooked on Variety acts like Wilson, Keppel & Betty etc, etc. I am so glad I was able to see so many acts live and to enjoy some of the most famous jazz bands of the time live too.
      TTFN - 007

      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 12 11:30 PM
        I found this 1915  picture (and info) on the Henry Allen Band:
        http://www.hurricanebrassband.nl/Brassband%20Henry%20Allen%20brass%20band.htm
        Be sure to check the Brass Band History page on that site - lots of research here!

        Dave Richoux (you may notice a different e-mail for me due to technical difficulties with my old one.)

        On Feb 11, 2011, at 12:31 AM, "David Brown" <johnhaleysims@...> wrote:

        Hello John

        Difficult to find pictorial evidence 20s & 30s brass snip