Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Early Brass Basses

    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 1, 2011
      Both LPs with additional material have recently been issued as a double CD in the "Jazz in Paris" series. I bought a copy a couple of weeks ago at the Strasbourg FNAC, so they should be easily available.

      Michael Rader

      >Their first two LP's seem to have been out of production for a while, anyone
      longing for clean takes of these can contact me off-list.

    • domitype
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 12, 2011
        I found this 1915  picture (and info) on the Henry Allen Band:
        http://www.hurricanebrassband.nl/Brassband%20Henry%20Allen%20brass%20band.htm
        Be sure to check the Brass Band History page on that site - lots of research here!

        Dave Richoux (you may notice a different e-mail for me due to technical difficulties with my old one.)

        On Feb 11, 2011, at 12:31 AM, "David Brown" <johnhaleysims@...> wrote:

        Hello John

        Difficult to find pictorial evidence 20s & 30s brass snip