Anachronic Jazz Band (was: Early Brass Basses)

  • Gerd Heinlein
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 1 12:29 PM
      On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 07:36:05PM +0100, patrice.champarou@... wrote:

      <snip>

      > My brother saw the Anachronic Jazz Band live, and told me that Patrick
      > Artero had even more real-life humor that musical one.
      > I noticed that their last CD (Live in Etampes, that's my part of the world)
      > also has the historical reed pipe chorus ;-)
      > Their first two LP's seem to have been out of production for a while

      They are available as a 2-CD set on Universal/Gitanes
      (Jazz in Paris - hors série).

      G.Heinlein
    • domitype
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 12 11:30 PM
        I found this 1915  picture (and info) on the Henry Allen Band:
        http://www.hurricanebrassband.nl/Brassband%20Henry%20Allen%20brass%20band.htm
        Be sure to check the Brass Band History page on that site - lots of research here!

        Dave Richoux (you may notice a different e-mail for me due to technical difficulties with my old one.)

        On Feb 11, 2011, at 12:31 AM, "David Brown" <johnhaleysims@...> wrote:

        Hello John

        Difficult to find pictorial evidence 20s & 30s brass snip