Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Early Brass Basses

  • patrice.champarou@free.fr
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 1, 2011
      -----Message d'origine-----
      From: ALAN BOND
      Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:28 PM
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Early Brass Basses

      > Hi Robert,
      > Yes - you've got it in one - well worth a listen.

      My brother saw the Anachronic Jazz Band live, and told me that Patrick
      Artero had even more real-life humor that musical one.
      I noticed that their last CD (Live in Etampes, that's my part of the world)
      also has the historical reed pipe chorus ;-)
      Their first two LP's seem to have been out of production for a while, anyone
      longing for clean takes of these can contact me off-list.

      Patrice
    • domitype
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 12, 2011
        I found this 1915  picture (and info) on the Henry Allen Band:
        http://www.hurricanebrassband.nl/Brassband%20Henry%20Allen%20brass%20band.htm
        Be sure to check the Brass Band History page on that site - lots of research here!

        Dave Richoux (you may notice a different e-mail for me due to technical difficulties with my old one.)

        On Feb 11, 2011, at 12:31 AM, "David Brown" <johnhaleysims@...> wrote:

        Hello John

        Difficult to find pictorial evidence 20s & 30s brass snip