RE: [RedHotJazz] Early Brass Basses

    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 1, 2011
      There might be relevant information on both string and brass basses in an article by Jack Stewart in the "Jazz Archivist":
      http://jazz.tulane.edu/sites/all/themes/Howard_Tilton/docs/jazz_archivist/Jazz_Archivist_vol6no2_Dec_1991.pdf#mexican
    • domitype
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 12, 2011
        I found this 1915  picture (and info) on the Henry Allen Band:
        http://www.hurricanebrassband.nl/Brassband%20Henry%20Allen%20brass%20band.htm
        Be sure to check the Brass Band History page on that site - lots of research here!

        Dave Richoux (you may notice a different e-mail for me due to technical difficulties with my old one.)

        On Feb 11, 2011, at 12:31 AM, "David Brown" <johnhaleysims@...> wrote:

        Hello John

        Difficult to find pictorial evidence 20s & 30s brass snip