Re: [RedHotJazz] Another man done gone

  • Mike Amato
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2011
      I think it was Sidney Poitier, though that's a tiny detail.  I know the feeing well.

      We are all very much indebted to Brian Rust for all he's done.  Many hot enthusiasts, to this day, still use Rust's early editions (and some even those of Charles Delaunay) as their primary reference sources.

      Mike

      I've still got the first Rust. Sits by my desk. Weighs half a ton, yellowing pages fall out, but comes off the shelf nearly every day..
      All my books, records, photographs contain the stories, sounds and images of people gone. I'm starting to feel like Harry Belafonte in that movie....
      On yer, Brian.
      Tony Standish

    • Ron L'Herault
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2011
        You'd be surprised at how inexpensive rebinding a book can be compared to
        the cost of replacing the discography.

        Ron L