Mabel's Dream

  • alan504450
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010
      [ADMIN - Sorry, Alan, no idea why Yahoo kept it blocked without warning; only found out while visiting the group's webpage this morning - Patrice]

      Hi Folks,
      I did post a further message regarding this title but it appears not to have got through. The composer of 'Mabel's Dream' is given in the Brian Rust and Walter C Allen book 'King Joe Oliver' as Ike Smith, with a copyright date of 16th November 1923. The same source credits 'I'm going away to wear you off my mind' to Warren Smith, Lloyd Smith & Clarence Johnson with copyright dates of 21st July 1922, 25th October 1922 & 22nd November 1922. Clarence Johnson is a familiar name as a composer but the only Warren Smith that I recall was a trombone player who was one of the original partners in the co-operative the was the Bob Crosby band. Whether this is the same person I have no way of knowing.
      I also tried the main site this morning and it is still down - anyone have any information ?
      TTFN - 007
    • Leif R. Blom
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010
        Thank you Alan,

        perhaps we are not going any further with this question?
        To me the tune sounds very typical King Joe, but what
        do we know about the arrangements?

        Yarel