Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: contact for Scott Alexander

  • patrice.champarou@free.fr
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
      -----Message d'origine-----
      From: drjazztb@...
      Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 2:04 AM
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: contact for Scott Alexander

      > It just occurred to me that someone has to be paying his hosting company
      > to keep the site online.

      Quite right. This was obvious, but I hadn't thought of looking.
      I've just found one name, and two postal addresses (no idea what the
      "administrative contact" can be, but there's also a phone number and email)

      Not that this thread is quite relevant to the topic of this group,
      but attempting to get in touch with the person who is in charge
      of the domain name - and, possibly, learning what's become of
      Scott, while respecting his decision if it was indeed not to be personnally
      disturbed - is very important for the future of the RHJ archives, and even
      for the group's activity.

      The domain name was apparently renewed for two years, and expires on
      December 10th 2010.

      From this point, I am ready to send mail to any likely address, but if
      someone who knows Scott better than I used to - I am thinking of the many
      contributors who helped building the site - is willing to help, or can find
      more relevant phrasing than I could, please let me/us know.

      I do not publish the addresses here because the group's messages are
      available to a good deal of perfectly unknown subscribers, as well as to any
      visitor of the group's webpage, and I do not want anyone to be flooded with
      uncontrolled, individual mail or phone calls.

      Patrice
    • Andrew Taylor
      Message 2 of 10 , May 23 2:28 PM
        You ever find Scott Alexander?