RE: [RedHotJazz] RHJ and RealPlayer

  • Abraham Spinelli
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2010
      I've often had a similar problem on my home PC. Sometimes Realplayer hangs up while loading a RHJ file. In this case, I close Real, and try reloading the file, which often will play after the second or third opening attempt. Not sure if this is related to your problem, but I think it has to do with the way Real is configured (you might need to mess around with Real's settings).

      -Abe S

      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      From: lherault@...
      Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:45:27 -0400
      Subject: RE: [RedHotJazz] RHJ and RealPlayer

      I may be mistaken but I don't think real audio works on a MAC. Maybe if
      you googled "MAC compatible real audio player" you will find out more.

      I don't know if you are interested in antique phonographs but if so, MOCAPS,
      a local MAPS chapter is having a meeting tomorrow noon, 362 North Washington
      Street, North Attleborough, in the little Red Schoolhouse on the N. Attle.
      Historical Society Property. Invited guests are welcome. Members bring
      food and drink to the event. We try for some kind of "theme" but it is
      merely a suggestion. This meeting we are doing school associated things so
      there will be school related records, I'm sure. One member will give a
      short presentation on the Ding Dong school 45 player.

      Ron L

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 23, 2010
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 23, 2010
          Patrice and Ron,

          Many thanks for your good advice. I think I'll go in for a Mac tutorial on this. I'll let you know what I learn!

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 23, 2010
            For what little it may be worth, I am currently using Real Player for Mac OS
            X 11.1.0 with OS 10.5.8. It constantly prompts me to upgrade it (i.e. go on
            the site and look at the advertising) and to let it ³configure my system²
            whatever that does. I ignore all these prompts and it works anyway for the
            sound samples of those dealers discourteous enough to use this wretched
            proprietory system. I simply hope that my firewall is good enough to prevent
            the proprietors from sending me nasties I don¹t want and as I don¹t seem to
            get them I guess that it is.

            I have never tried to access the RHJ Archive with it.

            on 23/10/2010 18:28, patrice.champarou@... at patrice.champarou@...