Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Queen of Slap

  • Bob Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2010
      Dear Robert,

      Many thanks for the link to "Cradle Is Rocking (good print)".
      This is a really fascinating glimpse of New Orleans jazz, and especially the ballast needed to play it.
      "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" is one of my favourite tunes, and I think this is partly due to the fact that it can be played at almost any tempo.

      Kind Regards

      Bob Smith

    • Mordechai Litzman
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 13 8:58 PM
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEgUcZDNfto

        Go to 2:53 and enjoy the playing of the best female string bass player in Europe - Annie Hawkins (I think originally from Australia).

        838