R: [RedHotJazz] Queen of Slap

  • levi.marco@libero.it
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2010
      A very nice old standard, played in stright N.O. Style "à l'anglaise" . Brits are always great when playing this way. Madam bassist is simply stunning. I notice that the banjoist seems to use a 5 string instrument (being the 5th string removed?); it would be enough infrequent in this kind of music.
      I already listened to this YT post before and it's a pleasure to do it again.
      Marco

      Here is a version of Swanee River played by the New Orleans Quartet featuring a

      superb extended string bass solo by Annie Hawkins.

      If you like this recording, honk, or at least drop me a line; I need to know if

      the members of the Redhotjazz group appreciate the posting of YouTube jazz

      treasures.

      12037

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfuQVo5UIU

    • fearfeasa
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2010
        Except that Annie Hawkins is Australian…

        JT

        Ar 27/08/10 11:27 :14, scríobh levi.marco@...: