Armstrong Decca Mosaic - wrong speed?

  • Agustin Perez Gasco
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 20, 2010
      Dear list

      Recently, someone in other jazz email list reported that several tracks on discs
      1 & 2 of the Armstrong Decca Mosaic have been transfered at the wrong speed,
      what makes it a difference of up to a half tone.

      As I don't have that boxed set yet, could anybody confirm this?

      (sorry if this has been discussed before or it is common knowledge, but I made a
      quick search through the group's archives and could find anything related)

      Best regards,
      Agustín Pérez
    • silverleafjb
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 29, 2010
        Augustin - It might be useful to know which tracks you think are suspect. For the most part, I've found that Armstrong tending to play tunes in the written key. So anyone with a sheet music collection could confirm the correct key for various pieces.

        Cheers,
        Chris