Re: [RedHotJazz] RedHotJazz in Ubuntu

  • Bart J Helms
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2010
      Mike,

      There's a .deb for an official RealPlayer 11:
      http://www.real.com/realplayer/linux

      But in an odd twist, this seems to be based on the open-source Helix
      project: https://player.helixcommunity.org/

      I don't use either personally.

      Bart

    • tommersl
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2010
        What you need is real player 8 for linux that supports the old format and it will play most of the redhotjazz.com files as I recall if nothing changed since then. The installer file was rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs1.bin thats what I had long ago and probably it can be found somewhere on the net, and maybe you'll need old libraries to install it or something. I don't know whether it is installable on modern ubuntu in a strict way, maybe the ubuntu itself has realplayer8 extention but somehow the 11 don't support older versions. I used the real player 8 on other than ubuntu linux distributions and I don't know what the situation for ubuntu I only know the 8 worked for me back then.

        Tommer