HellO

  • Jerry050232
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2010
      Just an old record collector,been at it 60 years.Not an expert on much just love the music and enjoy others that also love real music.
      Collect early jazz anything and everything big bands. Also have a lot of Edison recordings. Love dixie and early western.
      Enjoy Jerry
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2010
        Welcome to the group, Jerry.

        I would like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that the short
        messages which our new subscribers have to send to Yahoo while requesting
        membership never reach the group itself. This is why introduction messages
        like Jerry's are much appreciated. I have read an impressive lot of short
        comments recently (while "approving" about 50 new members since last
        december) some of which contained very interesting information about
        personal researches or activities, even precise questions... which the group
        as such never heard of, since most of the said subscribers never posted!

        So please remember that this is not a group for "experts"... although we are
        lucky to have some ;-)

        Patrice

        P.S. any news from Scott, anyone? I am desperate whenever I have to reply to
        private questions regarding the RHJ website, and quite worried not to know
        what's become of him.

        > Just an old record collector,been at it 60 years.Not an expert on much
        > just love the music and enjoy others that also love real music.
        > Collect early jazz anything and everything big bands. Also have a lot of
        > Edison recordings. Love dixie and early western.
        > Enjoy Jerry
      • Gerry
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2010
          On Jul 28, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Jerry050232 wrote:

          > Just an old record collector,been at it 60 years.Not an expert on much just love the music and enjoy others that also love real music.
          > Collect early jazz anything and everything big bands. Also have a lot of Edison recordings. Love dixie and early western.
          > Enjoy Jerry

          Hi, Jerry. I'm Gerry.

          I'm new to the list. I've been listening to and playing jazz, primarily as a guitarist for about 35 years. It's only in the last 15 years that my interest in jazz musics began going further and further backwards, to the 50's, 40's, 30's and now the 20's.

          Some fun this stuff!

          -- Gerry