Die Weintraubs-Syncopators and 'Sweet Sue'

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2010
      Absolutely brilliant stuff. I remember hearing about these German groups back in the days of the Weimar Republic, before Hitler took over. My great-uncle was a drummer with one of the first American jazz groups to come to Europe and recorded in Geneva, Switzerland with Frank Guarente's World Known Georgians. His name was Ted Noyes. He told my father about all the great European musicians, in Paris, Berlin, and other place throughout the Continent.

      Really enjoyed this and would like to hear more of the European groups from the 20s and 30s.

      Jack