Re: [RedHotJazz] Ed Anderson passing date

  • Agustin Perez Gasco
    Message 1 of 11 , May 20 1:16 AM
      John Chilton's Who's Who of Jazz (1970) states that he's alive at that time: "...ceased playing several years ago, but continues to live in New York City".

      A fellow researcher checked the social security death index a few days ago, but couldn't find Ed Anderson. That could mean that he's still alive, but that's not the most probable event.

      Best regards,
      Agustín Pérez
      Madrid
      Mule Walk & Jazz Talk:  http://thereisjazzbeforetrane.blogspot.com/

      From: Bob Smith robert.smith@...
       The Danish "Who's Who in Jazz" doesn't give a date of death for Ed Anderson in the 1969 edition. This means he was probably still alive in 1969, but can also mean that no information was found.
      Cheers,
      Bob Smith

      Message 2 of 11 , May 20 1:34 AM
        Thanks Bob & Agustin

        I have just tried the 'Jazz Museum In Harlem' which may also have contact to
        Dr Vollmer.

        I'll report any results